November 24, 2013

Review: Go Picnic Ready to Eat Meals



Recently, for the past few months, my eating habits have taken a complete 180 and changed drastically. Mostly it's for health issues that I will spare you the too-much-info details of.  Because of my health taking a massive down town I had to change from my usual college student diet of box and freezer meals and take on a much healthier menu plan. Gluten is one of the things I have removed from my diet until further notice and so snacking and finding things to have as snacks has been - challenging.  



I am so thankful for the advances in GF products that we have today, there is so much more variety (and quality) than what there was ten years ago when people started realizing that gluten was an issue for them. My mom is one of the first people I can remember knowing to go gluten free back in the early 2000's. I remember tasting some of the substitutes she would purchase and well, let's just say they come a long way. So I'm excited to tell you that these are good and good for you all at the same time!

Which brings me to my point (yes, I have one!) that I was in Target a little while back and I spotted these Go Picnic boxed snacks on the end cap with clearance stickers on them.  Well, health food on clearance = score already, so I thought I'd grab a couple and give them a try.  I picked up two of the GF flavors Tuna & Crackers and Sun butter & Crackers.

They are delicious! And pretty neat. Each box comes with four or five healthy snack items that are easy to open and easy to eat pretty much anywhere.








I am quite impressed with these boxes, especially by the brands that they use. I thought the food would be some off- brand "health food" (kind of a healthy M.R.E), but boy was I in for a surprise when I see brands that I know and like to buy myself from places like Whole Foods. These would be great for kids and adults who have allergies or that just want to eat cleaner and healthier. They also have many types like Vegan, Gluten Free, Kosher, and All Natural. 

Thanks for reading! xoxo - Hillary 

FTC Disclaimer: This post is NOT sponsored I purchased these products with my own money and all opinions are my own and honest. I am NOT affiliated with Go Picnic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!