March 1, 2014

Birchbox vs. ipsy February


Hello all! Today I'm doing another "subscription box face off" between the February Birchbox and ipsy beauty subscriptions! They both have some pretty great stuff this month so keep reading to find out more!



Starting off with Birchbox: The first thing to catch my eye was this huge foil sample! Okay, so it's not that exciting, but it's not too bad either. This is the Smashbox Full Exsposure Palette this samples10 of the 14 different shimmer and matte eye shadow shades to try. For a foil packet I have to say it's a pretty neat idea, instead of trying to send only one color that may not match the person you send it to they are giving all the colors in smaller sizes. Along with this came the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara which I'm pretty excited to try.  



I'm already loving this color changing nail polish by Ruby Wing mine is in the color combo Kitten Heels and the bright pink is just so fun I also received in my box the COOLA tinted Matte SPF 30 for face which will come in handy on those days where I need just a little coverage. Last is the Beauty Protector Protect & Oil for hair - this is a pretty nice sample size and a little goes a long way so I should get quite a few uses out of this.



Now for the ipsy bag! This bag has some pretty fun makeup essentials in it this month like this makeup palette from Jesse's Girl this is the 9 Pan Eye Shadow Compact in The Eyes Have It. Also I have the J Cat Beauty Eyelash + Eyelash Glue in EL 747XS.








I found another nail polish this month and it's a FULL SIZE Zoya Nail Polish! Woot! So it's the Zoya Professional Lacquer in Dot. Next I have the Pop Beauty Plump Pout Mini in Peony Petal and last, but not least the product I think I'm most excited about is the First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay I've been itching to try this ever since I saw MissGlamorazzi talking about this in her Airplane Makeup video - it's like ipsy was reading my mind..hmm...

So there you have it! That's all the stuff I got this month in my beauty subscriptions I think they are both pretty good this month, but if I have to choose a winner....*drum roll*....I think I'll have to go with Birchbox! For this month they just had more products that suite my beauty routine. 

So what do you think? Which one is better? Leave me a comment and let know or if you have tried any of these products tell me what you think! 

Thanks for reading! xoxo - Hillary 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!