December 21, 2013

Personalized Mugs DIY

I cannot believe how quickly this year is going by and how little time there is until Christmas! If you find yourself in need of some last minute gifts here's an idea. 


I've seen these "Sharpie" mugs going around the internet for quite some time and they are super cute and easy to make - though I did use a special marker just for ceramics to make sure the design stayed put. 

I started out with some simple white mugs. Places like the dollar store and Big Lots are great for these since they're inexpensive. I used the Pebeo Porcelain Bullet Tip Marker
to draw on my little mustache and lips and then I placed these on a cookie sheet and in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure you place your mugs in the oven BEFORE turning it on and after you turn off the oven leave the mugs in until they have cooled completely to avoid any cracking.  

These can be made so personal and perfect for each loved one you have on your gift list this year. I'm planning on filling my with candy and placing them in a cello bag topped with ribbon and bows! xoxo - Hillary 
  
FTC Disclaimer: This post is NOT sponsored I purchased these products with my own money and all opinions are my own and honest. I am NOT affiliated with Go Picnic


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!